Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Squinting eyes ... seeking motivation!

It is overcast and dull here today. Kind of how I feel. Ever have one of those mornings where you just can't seem to get going? Of course you have. We all have. Hubby kind of nudged me this morning and said "it's five to seven". I'm usually up at least an hour earlier, and at the gym by seven.
Not today.
I drove to work doing the one eyed squint, and feeling cranky with the world. My clothes don't fit. One of the dawgs had been sick in the living room sometime during the night. I slipped on the step going into the neighbour's house while in my housecoat and with my hair in a towel from the shower, when I went to let their dawgs out. And of course the dobie growled at me....immediately felt remorseful when she realized it was me...and then wanted to play fetch. Her first attempt saw her muddy paws come up, smack on my chest area and the drooly fetch toy met my nostrils full force.
Good morning.
But I'm at work, determined to make the day turn around. I will get to the gym after work. I will accomplish something productive today at work. I will eat a healthy lunch. I will move my car at 10:30 a.m. promptly and not get yet another parking ticket. I will smile at someone just for no reason at all. And I will not make further plans to murder the doberman.

No comments: