- it's six years ago today that my brother died. I was sitting in a hotel room in Chicago when I got the call from my parents. I had tickets to the Oprah Winfrey show. Although I miss him like hell, I've always retained a secret resentment and anger at him that he made me miss the only chance I'll have to see Oprah. I know. I'm going to hell for saying that out loud, today of all days.
- my husband is a hottie. 'nuff said.
- I have to get serious about getting back on a weight loss kick. I ate a can of Duncan Hines chocolate icing, one spoonful at a time, over this last week. Hello, my name is Sandy and I need to admit that I am powerless over chocolate.
- I am proud of myself for finally confronting a passive aggressive "friend" yesterday and telling him that I couldn't handle him behaving like Eeyore one minute longer. It will either have ended our friendship, or he will take a look at his behaviour. Either way, I feel better about dealing with him to his face instead of walking away from our exchanges feeling frustrated and used.
- I'd love it if the people that are coming here from Michele's site to play the scavenger hunt game would say hello and leave their blog link so I can visit. I do venture outside of the world of infertility blogs once in a while.
Exciting day of thoughts for me eh? (Oh gawd, I swore I'd never use the "eh" thing because it's so stereotypically Canadian, although not the part of Canada I live in ... but oh well, it's the only appropriate way to end a questioning sentence. Right? Oh no wait, there IS another way!)